Why Use a Heart Rate Monitor
Author: Aussie Fitness
- Provide continuous, accurate digital readouts of your exercise intensity. This enables you to concentrate on your activity and eliminates the need to stop and manually check your heart rate.
- They are available with built in alarms that warn you if you go outside your training zones.
- Monitor improvements in your fitness through a visual reduction in your training, recovery and resting heart rates.
- They are also a motivational tool as they -
- Offer an insight into what your body is doing
- Provide inspiration through measurable results
- Can eliminate the possibility of over training or training at too high an intensity
- Are like having a personal trainer on your wrist
- Ensure that you work hard enough to reap the benefits of exercise while providing a safety net for over training. Over training can increase the risk of injuries, tiredness and loss of motivation.
- Ensure exercise time is not wasted by training at less efficient intensities.
- You are a personal tachometer for your body.